Monday, September 1, 2008

Monthly: Link Redesign - Dave Pryor

It seems like The Legend of Zelda is always at battle with Pac-Man for the top videogame in history. I chose to portray that battle between the yellow sphere and Link. As for me - I'm in the Pac-Man camp because I sunk countless quarters into the arcade machine. I never played Legend of Zelda because I didn't have a Nintendo NES, and I missed out on the original Zelda craze. I probably would have really dug it though, given my fondness for mazes.


Here is the original sketch.

6 comments:

boob said...

Ha! Great bisections on the ghosts realized in flesh and bone. The lack of pupils on Link adds to the erieness of the whole situation.

DJ Smack Mackey said...

I'm working on my Link Redesign still. Hopefully I can sneak in time to work on it today.

DJ Smack Mackey said...

Oops. Got distracted and hit publish before I was done. Meant to say, Loving the classic video game influence on your work Dave. I love that the ghosts skeletons are made up of one bone and a skull.

Dave Shovlin said...

Perhaps my favorite part of this is link's uncanny ability to slice through ghostly flesh with a wooden sword.

Graham Sher said...

Oh how I LOL'd at the skeleton inside the ghost. Good work!!!

Marshall Bock said...

Nice one, Dave. I'm also WIP-ing my Link Redesign contribution. We went in different directions, though : )

Like Bob, I really dig the flesh-and-bone ghosts. And the Pacman level in the background is a subtle plus. No gore from Pacman, though? Little disappointed about that ; )