Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daily: Skull - Bob Rissetto


Here's some skull-ish doodles that I dribbled out while testing the small Cintiq model at work. I'm kinda late to the whole Cintiq scene, but it's pretty nice. I especially like how it feels in Flash. I have a hard time imagining anything replacing pencil and paper, so this is certainly just another powerful tool/medium of sorts. Some of these guys stray pretty far from being skull-like but at some point I was concentrating more on trying to get some interesting shapes and/or lines.

4 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Yeah - I like how Flash somewhat "auto corrects" the line strokes as you throw them on with the Cintiq. It's like drawing with some kind of "smartink" (patent pending).

I'll argue with you that just about all these guys are skull-like. Maybe not in an accurately anatomical way, but definitely in an instantly recognizable way. I like the mexican wrestler-like ones in the bottom left and bottom center.

DJ Smack Mackey said...

The cintiq looks awesome, but doesn't the screen get scratched and worn over time, or does it stay pretty clear?

SteveLambe said...

Glad to see your cintiq racism easing up. I always felt uncomfortable when you went to studios and called the artists there digi-monkeys, and porch pixels.

Welcome to the 21st century, Boob.

boob said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's making me reconsider buying one. We'll see if it actually comes to me opening my wallet.

I have no clue about the screen. I'd imagine it's just like any other wacom tablet. It is just plastic on plastic. It might irk you after several years to see some wear or scratches on a tablet you actually use as a monitor, but I guess that's the price you pay for digital doodling.