Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daily: Brontosaurus - Andrew Moreno

I sketched this dino up on my DS this morning. I finally got this chip for my Nintendo DS that allows me to use homebrew apps. Specifically so I can use Colors. Coolest App. Ever! It basically turns your DS into a small, pocket Cintiq with basic Painter. How cool is that? Anywho, you can even watch the playback of the drawing after posting. Check it out :)
http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/details/12491-Brontosaurus_by_b_r011.php

5 comments:

PeterMan said...

Possibly one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. All done on a DS mod is AMAZING! Good job.

DJ Smack Mackey said...

fantastic drawing!

Mike Milo said...

WhoaH! You did this on a DS? Awesome! Is it easy to draw on?

Andrew Moreno said...

Yeah! It's really easy. You draw on the screen with the stylus, and you can zoom in/out, pan, and color pick with the d-pad or x,y,b,a. Holding L or R will bring up a menu that has your brush size, color, opacity, and two simple checks if you want to control opacity and brush size by pressure. Once you get going you can paint really quickly.

boob said...

Sweet Brach here. Like the excess skin on him with all those wrinkles.

Ben Nunez has been doodlin' away on the DS on occasion too. Check out some of his posts. Pretty neat to see a stand alone app gain so much popularity.